The Katadyn Combi Microfilter combines a silver impregnated ceramic element and a refillable, activated carbon cartridge. It is effective against bacteria and protozoa and also reduces chemicals and bad taste. With the optional “PLUS” package, the Combi can be connected to a water faucet for multifunctional use in campers, cottages or boats.
- 2-stage filter (active carbon, ceramic) not only removes disease-causing agents, but also chemicals and improves the taste of the drinking water
- Simple change to 1-stage operation (only ceramic without activated carbon stage) reduces use of active carbon granules and ensures maximum use of capacity
- Long lasting and extremely reliable
- Tap add-on kit “Plus” offers simple connection to a tap in a kitchen, caravan, camper or boat–the only water filter for both indoor and outdoor use
- Cleanable ceramic filter element–also filters very cloudy water
- Measuring gauge supplied–indicates when the filter element should be changed
Ceramic filters have a micro porous structure with impregnated silver which delays the growth of bacteria. The pore-size of Katadyn ceramic filters is 0.2 micron (0.0002 mm). Bacteria range in size from 0.2 to 5 micron and, like protozoa (1 to 15 micron), are efficiently filtered out. Ceramic filters can be mechanically regenerated and the filter capacity is measurable. Activated carbon is used for its ability to reduce harmful organic and inorganic substances in the water. It removes unpleasant tastes, odors, chlorine, pesticides (lindane, DDT) and trihalomethanes (THMs). These substances adhere to the large surface area of the activated carbon. Activated carbon granulate cannot be regenerated.