Arc’teryx Beta AR Jacket Women’s
Shaped specifically for women, the streamlined Beta AR Jacket provides the backcountry minimalist with durable storm protection in a lightweight and packable format. This hip length waterproof/breathable jacket reduces layering overlap and bulk, a helmet compatible DropHood™ offers quick coverage, and a supple-feeling lightweight GORE-TEX® Pro textile provides guaranteed storm protection.
A mainstay in the Arc’teryx lineup since 2000, the Beta AR is the do everything, most versatile waterproof/breathable jacket for mountain environments. Hand pockets, athletic fit that accommodates maximum layers and a hood with an internal collar mean comfort in storms, climbing, skiing or simply enjoying the outdoors.
Just the Right Length
Hip length is the easiest to work with when layering waterproof/breathable garments. Not too short so it doesn’t ride up or expose the lower back and not so long as to be cumbersome underneath a harness or a pack belt, the Beta AR hits the middle ground.
A good hood is a crucial detail on any serious alpine jacket. The Beta AR features the Arc’teryx DropHood™, a helmet-compatible, fast adjust hood with a separate collar for draft protection.
The Key Piece
If a person can only choose one jacket for all their activities, the Beta AR is a solid, well-rounded piece. Durable, lightweight, with hand pockets and pit zippers for ventilation, it can manage storms, rock, snow and cool seasons. GORE-TEX® Pro delivers the highest level of waterproof/breathable performance.
FULL FEATURE LIST
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps bead water from fabric surface
- Taped seams for added weatherproofness
- Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
- Gender specific patterning
- Articulated patterning for unrestricted mobility
- Articulated elbows
- No-lift gusseted underarms
- Helmet compatible DropHood™
- Laminated brim
- Adjustable hood drawcords
- Chin guard with brushed microsuede facing for added comfort
Zippers & Fly Configuration
- WaterTight™ external zippers
- Laminated pit zippers allow for faster venting
- Corded zipper-pulls reduce noise and are easy to grab
- WaterTight™ Vislon front zip
- Zipper garages to protect zipper closure from snow and rain
Cuff & Sleeves Configuration
- Die-cut Velcro® cuff adjusters reduce bulk, and won’t catch or tear off
- Drop back hem
- Adjustable hem drawcord
- Laminated hem
- Internal chest pocket with laminated zip
- Two high-volume hand pockets
- Note: Our WaterTight™ zippers are highly water resistant, but not waterproof. We do not recommend keeping items in your pockets that may be damaged by moisture
Azalea, Black, Oceanus
We recently upgraded our site. Some information may be missing, so please bear with us and enjoy the new experience! Dismiss