The classic 12-point mountaineering crampon; the VASAK; were designed for gerneral purpose mountaineering. The twelve points ensure maximum traction in all types of conditions, whether it be climbing up steep slopes, or going through an ice couloir. It is available in all four lightweight binding systems for solid boot interface.
- Length of points is designed for maximum stability
- Sharp points for great purchase in ice
- Two wide front points for purchase in snow, reinforced for rigidity
- Second row of teeth angled towards the front for support when front-pointing
- Third row of points to optimize bite on hard snow slopes
- Four teeth for stability while descending face downhill
- Lateral points for purchase while traversing
- Linking bar can be set for flexible or semi-rigid modes to adapt the crampon to flexible or rigid boots.