An invisible force draws you to the K2 DarkSide Alpine Ski, making you feel helpless as a small child. Imposing as the Death Star and good-looking as Ewan McGregor, these big-mountain rocket launchers boast an incredible girth and specialize in making giant turns down near-vertical faces. K2 developed these skis for heli trips you’d sell your soul for and hard-earned turns in the backcountry steeps.
- Shovel rocker makes this ski gallop through deep snow
- Tip and tail holes let you attach K2 climbing skins without clipping them over the skis edges
- Flat, notched tail design adds backcountry utility and ease of use with any type of climbing skin
- Hybritech sidewall construction blends high performance underfoot sidewalls with forgiving cap construction at tip and tail
- Aspen and Paulownia wood strips create a core as lively as a kid on Christmas morning
- Triaxial braided fiberglass around the core amps up torsional rigidity without sacrificing the responsiveness of the wood core.